We celebrated our 31st anniversary this week, and I've been thinking back to "our beginning" and doing some reminiscing. I thought it would be fun to scan some old pictures of us in younger, skinnier years. =) We met in 1972 when I was a new BYU Freshman and Curt was just home from his mission. We were in the same FHE group, of course! Here we are getting down and dirty on a visit to the farm in Idaho...

Those were the days before air-conditioned tractors with stereo systems....just a loud radio and lots of dust- but Curt sure looked cute through the dirt! And he cleans up well! Here we are getting ready to go to a Homecoming dance....I still have that corsage in a glass box!

It took us about 5 years of back and forth dating to finally get together for good! I had just returned from my mission June 9th, and we made plans to get married in August. We went to Provo Canyon to have our engagement pictures taken by my brother, and here's one of the many we took...

At last -our wedding on August 26th in the Salt Lake Temple! It was a wonderful day, but we were in such a rush to get to our luncheon at Hotel Utah (now the Joseph Smith Memorial Building), we didn't get a single picture with the temple in the background! Live and learn!


It's been a great 31 years with 4 wonderful, happy children to show for it! =) I feel very thankful for a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally and supports me in all I do. Hopefully we'll have another 30 years together! Love you Curt!

8 comments:
So cute! I loved seeing those old pics, especially the one of you guys on the farm. And that was one fabulous Homecoming dress! =) I love you so much! Happy Anniversary, and here's to another 30 years!
Yay to Mama and Papa Toone, the parents of the 4 most wonderful children ever! :) Love you guys so much, and I'm so glad you're happy little empty nesters...for just a couple more months! We're SO excited to come see you at Christmas, and I just have the fondest memories of you, home, and life growing up in the Toone home. Thanks for being so wonderful, and for scanning those ancient photos! :) Those are beautiful of you two!
What a GORGEOUS couple! I really look up to you guys! 31 YEARS!!!... and still so happy!!! That's fantastic!
Congrats to you guys! You still look wonderful together. I came across your blog on Jess A's site so I thought I'd check it out. Hope to see more stuff.
Brenda Oxford
Congrats! Love, love, love the old pics of you two.
I LOVE your blog! You need to get my mom to start a blog, she can do a lot more then she thinks! I'm very impressed that you started one, and really glad too! I LOVED the pictures of silly Nathan and his hair and the ones of You and Brother Toone when you were dating and on your wedding day, what a gorgeous couple! Congrats on 31 years and may there be 31 more to come!
What a fun trip down memory lane. You guys are great! Congrats on 31 years together. :D
Love the old photos! Too CUTE!! I can't believe I've never seen your wedding photos. . . GORGEOUS dress!! Ü
Post a Comment