
Little Cambria Nicole arrived last night at 8:15. Heather and Jake are the happy parents, and we're so grateful they gave us a beautiful grand daughter! Heather was a trooper and was very calm and centered....she ought to have lots more of these little ones! =)

We hate to be so far away, but felt very blessed to be able to share most of the evening with them by web-cam. Thanks Nathan!

We're so glad all of our kids were there together, and look forward to getting out there to meet her in person in a couple of weeks. Hopefully she won't change too much, but I think she did in just a day!

She is so sweet with dark hair and big eyes, a cute little nose and mouth, and Heather's long feet. She's little for our family- only 6 lbs. 14 oz and 20 inches long. We're so happy to welcome little Cambria!


It's all such a miracle! Here's one of my favorite poems- in fact, I sang this in a trio in church on the day Brianna was blessed. It was hard to get through as I was holding her, but I love the words.

Day Old Child
By Carol Lynn Pearson
My day old child lay in my arms
with my lips against her ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish,
I wish that you could hear,
"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
so I can tell you about God."
My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled her ear,
but a kind of light passed through her eyes,
and I saw this thought appear,
"How I wish I had a voice and words,
I've a hundred things to say,
Before I forget, I'd tell you of God,
I left Him yesterday."

6 comments:
Congrats Grandma and Grandpa!! :) We're so happy for you guys and are excited to hear of your next granddaughter addition. She's adorable!
What a beauty! How exciting to have the first girl! She is gorgeous! We will let you know when the 5th Mesquite Toone arrives in a couple of weeks.
We miss you all!
Ryan and Kena
Congrats! What a fantastic way to start spring... with a brand new addition... AND the next generation of the family! Thanks for sharing in such a special event. She's darling and reminded me of my own "little" Brie. She was the same birth weight. Now she's 12 and before I know it I will be experiencing the joy you've just started to enjoy. Again, congrats. Many joyous days are ahead.
Mom, I love that poem you included, it's the sweetest little thing. It's true, just looking into those little eyes, you can see that she knows so much within that little spirit of hers! We're enjoying every day with our little Cambria, and can't wait for you to come and join the fun! Love you guys lots.
How beautiful...congrats you guys. How fun. How awesome to know that she did just come from our Father in Heaven.
Congratulations on your new grand-daughter!
Post a Comment