Monday, January 19, 2015

Zip-lining with Grandma!

My amazing Mom has found a new love- zip lining!  She had it on her bucket list, and my sister took her last year- she loved it!  Since 80 and over go free, she's been trying all year to get a group of 10 seniors to go with her, but only convinced her best friend Kay to go.  So it was scheduled for July 10th, right after we finished our cross-country trip together.  My brother Alan was there from Texas too, so we had a great family time!  Here we go…. at Max Zip line http://www.maxzipline.com/


Mom- almost 88 here, and Kay- almost 90!  Awesome, adventurous ladies! (And we loved Kay's alway's fancy outfit!)



Notice how they put all the 60 and overs in a full body harness- haha!  I didn't argue though…I liked being able to sit and lean back!



There are 5 lines as you zig-zag down the mountain- each a little steeper, faster, or longer.  So much fun!  






The cute girls helping us were wonderful- and they fell in love with Mom and Kay!



Beginning our fun, bumpy ride up the mountain…

 Here's Mom with Kay and 3 of her 7 kids…

Like mother, like son!
Cute Bryan and Matthew have no fear…





 and their fearlessness gave courage to Kay- who was scared to death- although looking pretty happy here…
I think Mom was saying, "Let's go again next week!"

Final group shot!
Walking back to the cars at the end of a great day!  Thanks for the invite, Mom!
Here are a few action shots…



 Here's one where Mom braked too early, so needed to be pulled in.  :)
 Alan...
 Chris...
and finally, one where Bree filmed herself on the way down...






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay Mom! Welcome back to the blogging world! I love the background, and good job on posting all the videos, too! I forgot how fun it is to have videos in posts. I really wish I would have gone ziplining with you guys! It looks amazing. Was probably best that I didn't go though, since I'd been sick and since the harness would be super uncomfortable on me! But I'm so glad we have a spunky driven grandma who has these awesome bucket list items! Love you.